Digital marketing has offered an easy and cost-effective way for anyone to promote their products and services. Online methods of advertisements allow businesses big and small to spread the word about what their offering at a global scale, or conversely, to target a very specific niche that very well resides just next door.
Even for businesses with physical locations, having a strong online presence is essential. Around 81% of shoppers say they will research a business online before visiting them on-location to buy. As a result, companies must make sure that what they can find online is compelling enough to warrant a visit.
But a lot of businesses will not get the results they need, no matter how many digital marketing efforts they roll out. The reason? Well, such tools can only do so much. While they make things easier, they still require a fair bit of marketing know-how in order to be used at maximum potential.
This is where a digital marketing agency can be most valuable.
What Is a Digital Marketing Agency?
A digital marketing agency is a company that offers marketing services to other businesses. This can be anything from web design and development services to PPC advertising, SEO, social media management, and more.
Of course, digital marketing agencies can come in all shapes and sizes. Some might specialize in one or two services, while others can offer a form of all-inclusive marketing services. Businesses often turn to collaborate with such agencies either because they lack in-house personnel that can assist with marketing needs, or their in-house team requires additional support in implementing business campaigns and reaching its goals.
There are many benefits to working with a digital marketing agency, especially since the market offers companies many choices on hand, allowing you and your business to find the right team to assist you. Below, we will cover the five major benefits of working with a digital marketing agency, as well as offer some expert tips on how your business can find the right one to collaborate with.
5 Benefits of a Digital Marketing Agency
1. Improve Your Online Presence
Since customers use the internet to research a company before buying or booking, it stands to reason that a business's online presence should be a top priority. With the help of a digital marketing agency, businesses can effectively optimize their online presence in all its facets:
- Improving website quality and web design;
- Upgrading copy to make the texts more compelling;
- Improve social media presence;
- Creating new profiles for online directories;
- Establishing a better brand identity, etc.
Digital marketing efforts will first perform an audit of your current marketing efforts to see where your business is present. They will then identify elements that need to be improved, removed, or new ideas your business could benefit from to create a stronger online presence.
2. Clarify Your Goals
A digital marketing agency doesn't just implement a plan - it helps you create it. The marketing strategy is the foundation of all your advertising efforts, and it's incredibly important to make sure your strategy is connected to the overall business goals.
When first discussing terms with a new agency, you'll be asked upfront about what your business goals are, both in the short and long term. Then, the team will create an actionable plan based on these goals.
This discussion can seem like a small deal, but it can actually determine a lot of things:
- The ideal tone of voice and imagery;
- The promotional methods that are best to reach your goals;
- Budget expectations, etc.
3. Learn More About Your Audience
An area where business can struggle is the research part of marketing. More specifically, discovering who their target audience is beyond some demographic information like gender and age.
A digital marketing strategy can help you create a fully-fledged buyer persona, which can enhance all your future marketing efforts. As opposed to creating campaigns for a group of people you know relatively little about, you create a campaign for a buyer person who conveys the most important elements of your target audience:
- Their more pressing needs and desires;
- Their online behaviors;
- Their interests and preferences, etc.
4. Achieve Better Results, Faster
It actually takes a village to run a successful marketing campaign. Depending on what you ultimately want and need, there can be lots of moving parts to it:
- Creating photos and videos
- Optimizing PPC campaigns
- Campaign tracking and real-life optimization
- Reporting, etc.
One person cannot cover every single facet of a digital marketing campaign. If they try, the results will likely not be anything to brag about.
And this is, perhaps, one of the biggest benefits of a digital marketing agency: you get a village. Even with a small in-house team, you can get better, bigger results with the help of an agency, as you'll have more people dedicating their time to your specific efforts.
5. Stand out from Competitors
Competition can run high in any industry. Businesses are finding it more and more difficult to stand out and convince potential customers to shop from then and not next door.
With a digital marketing agency's services, your business has a chance to implement more creative campaigns than it could with its in-house efforts. For one thing, agencies have access to a lot more resources and advanced tools that are too expensive for business owners to spend money on. These tools make campaigns better and stronger.
Then, the sheer fact that a digital marketing agency has multiple people on staff means your business can be presented with a variety of creative new ideas to use in future campaigns. And the more you stand out; the more your potential customers will choose you, and not the competition.
How to Choose the Right Digital Marketing Agency for Your Business
Say you're convinced and what to work with a digital marketing agency. Now what?
Well, finding one is not really the issue - but finding one you can genuinely work with might be. Before you begin your search, we recommend establishing a few things in-house first:
- Establish what you need from the digital marketing agency;
- Analyze the marketing budget and figure out how much you can comfortably spend on these services;
- Consider the work style that is best for you and your company;
- Think of how involved you want the agency to be, whether or what the in-house marketing team will do, etc.
Essentially, take some time to analyze your role in this new collaboration to clarify what resources you bring to the table and what are marketing needs you want to be addressed.
If you figure these out, you can begin to look for a team. Here is a shortlist of a few criteria to look for in a digital marketing agency:
- Industry Experience - Even if the agency itself is fairly new, enquire about the experience of the people working for it. Marketing know-how is built over time and hands-on experience, not just courses, so the team that will help you improve your marketing efforts should bring the right skills and experience to the table;
- Reputation - Research the agency just as your target audience researches your business before buying. Look for online reviews, or ask the company for referrals if you need to form a better opinion of how they work;
- Company Values - Being on the same page is integral to a great collaboration between any two companies and individuals. Companies with similar values have a much better chance of a successful collaboration. Not only that, but communication can be a lot better when the companies share the same values;
- The Results - Look for any case studies or public results of the marketing agency. Do you like what you see? Don't necessarily focus on the style itself, as different clients can come with different preferences, but try to analyze the quality of what you're seeing. In fact, look at the agency's website as well. Do you like what you see? Because of not, then you should keep looking;
- That First Meeting - Pay attention to your first meeting with the new agency. This interaction can set the tone for the entire collaboration, so it's really important to openly communicate your expectations from the get-go. Also, look for how the company communicates with you, like if they are answering all your questions or trying to avoid certain subjects. Are they making outlandish promises or guarantees? You can learn a lot about an agency from just one meeting.
Looking for Help Improving Your Digital Marketing? Dextrous Media Group Is Ready to Assist You
Dextrous Media Group provides creative digital marketing solutions to empower small businesses to get better results, more clients, and higher revenues. Our unique approach will allow you to focus on the everyday tasks of your business while the team focuses on getting the results you want.
If you want to work with us, we encourage you to reach out online or call us directly at (949) 302-6908 to find out more about our services.